maarmie's musings

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm still alive

The LSAT is in a few days. I'm taking Friday off for some last last minute reviewing and relaxation. These days, I've been doing nothing but taking full-length sample tests. Consistently, I have been scoring in the upper 150s - which is just the better side of AVERAGE.

AVERAGE? Who wants to be AVERAGE? AVERAGE won't get me into UM Ann Arbor. AVERAGE won't get me a scholarship. AVERAGE won't have anyone clamoring to accept me. WTF? I really expected better out of myself and will likely vomit every morning until the day of the test just like I did this morning. No food. Just burning liquid from the stomach. Yum. My favorite.

I hate feeling like the last month has been a waste, but I wonder how I would be doing on the practice tests had I not studied so much. I had a minor breakthrough with a certain type of question last week that is allowing me to answer more of that type of question correctly and am hoping I have a similar breakthrough somewhere else in the next couple of days. I tried out the June 2006 LSAT and found that the reading comprehension portion was harder than I had previously encountered. I also found that logical reasoning questions on the actual tests are easier than any I had encountered while studying.

Wish me luck.

8 comments:

kerewin said...

GOOD LUCK! Or conversely, BREAK A LEG! I am rooting for you!

savia said...

Luck!

savia said...

Oh, and thanks for the link! ;)

Annie said...

You do put pressure on yourself, don't you?!?!

From reading your blog posts and learning how smart and clever you are, I have a lot of confidence in your ability to get into law school.

I wonder if I have more confidence in your ability than you do?

Professor Girl said...

Knock 'em dead!

ceci n'est pas mon nom said...

"Et merde pour ton test!" as they say (rather oddly, I grant you)here in France.

maarmie said...

And shit for your test? Am I translating it correctly?

Why....um, thank you?

ceci n'est pas mon nom said...

Yep, that's it! I never understood it either, really, to be honest, but there you have it: to say "merde" to someone ahead of an important "épreuve" is far more boosting a form of encouragement than a simple, constipated, "bonne chance". (I'm talking of popular registers here: can't imagine Jacques saying it to Bernadette. Although ...) And compared with other, more quantitatively- and qualitatively-explicit expressions, a single "merde" can even count as being relatively restrained ...