maarmie's musings

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm eating my words for Christmas dinner

I'm having to take back all the nasty things I said about my parents in the previous two posts after receiving a cute little "1st Christmas" card for her with a $100 check tucked inside, a very sweet gesture. OK? I said something nice! I take it back! All that stuff I said! OK?

I took that $100 check and the other Christmas cash Elliot got and opened a bank account for her yesterday. The child's savings account came with a change sorter/paper money bank so little Elliot can save her money to add to the account. I plan on teaching her that she's got to work for money and that she's got to save for the things she wants. I don't want her to grow up not knowing how to be responsible with money and how to care for the things she owns by working for them and buying them herself.

But enough about that! Merry Christmas!

No comments: