maarmie's musings

Friday, January 13, 2006

Update

No crying since Monday night. I start on Celexa today or tomorrow. Lexapro was what my therapist recommended, and I've read that it helps with both anxiety AND depression while Celexa appears to be good for depression only - a milder version of Lexapro. We'll see. My therapist said she wants me to take it for only a little while.

I had dinner at a friend's house last night. I really like being around him. He's sensitive and kind. I never feel bad around him, and I really feel like I can let down my guard and be myself around him. Of course, there's really no fear of rejection considering he's married but he is a good reminder of what I should be looking for in a mate and that age, height, weight, attractiveness, a great education and a fabulous job don't really mean much when you're deciding who you want to devote yourself to. It's what's inside that counts the most and how you feel when you're around the other person.

I need to keep this in mind the next time I'm stuck on some asshole.

No comments: