maarmie's musings

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Everything is gonna burn, We'll all take turns, I'll get mine too

I'm sitting here at work reading the latest issue of The Week. There's this article here about how the biggest problem in this country right now appears to be flag burning and about how rightawaybeforewedoanythingelseinthefuckingworld we need to change the crapstitution to include a ban on it. Well, the article doesn't say that, but it does say that someone actually compared flag burning to spray painting swastikas on the tombstones of Jews. Jews for Jesus H. Christ! How can anyone be so dumb!

If they ban flag burning, it'll just make me wanna do it. I swear to fuck, I'll buy as many damn flags as I can and toast them in my yard. And I'll go to jail where I'll be sodomized by angry lesbians for 20 years and get out eager to submit others to my deep and terrible wrath. It'll get ugly. I swear it. Yes, I know it will.

So, do us all a favor and focus on how we can make this country NOT go to shit instead of attempting to divert the idiot majority's attention with a juicy and emotional but altogether meaningless debate over burning a piece of cloth decorated with red and white stripes and white stars on a blue background. Idiots, all of you!

P.S. Every man, woman, boy and girl who disagrees with my post is required to come to my house right away so I can beat him or her severely about the head, neck and chest.

2 comments:

Jeremy QA Gibbens said...

I can't say I would be tempted to burn the flag if they made it illegal, but the law would piss me off on principle. The flag is just a symbol, and it's an issue of free speech. But I would whole-heartedly support a veteran who would beat the bloody piss out of someone he saw legally burning a flag. He's expressing himself, too.

maarmie said...

I support someone beating the crap out of someone for burning a cross, but not a veteran beating the crap out of someone burning a flag. To me, burning the flag of a country means that you disagree with what's going on there or that you don't like who's in charge. That's no reason to beat the crap out of someone - because they disagree with what's going on or who's in charge? Ridiculous.