maarmie's musings

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2 a.m. and pissed

I picked a new fucking template for my fucking blog and - poof! - all my sidebar info was erased!! Fuck!!!!!

That means I have lost all my links to other blogs. If you have a blog that was previously mentioned in my sidebar, please e-mail me or leave a message and give me the name and URL of the blog. Fuck!!!!

Blogger needs to let people know to copy and paste sidebar info when changing templates! Argh!

Update: 2:36 a.m. - I think I remembered most of my links. Now to start work repairing other things deleted from my sidebar. I think I need to get a life...

Update: 3:07 a.m. - Will fix the rest tomorrow (later today). If anyone out there is missing a link to his/her blog, please let me know.

Update: 4:03 a.m. - I was trying to get to sleep when I remembered a link I was missing, the link to a very funny site called Tremble. Now that I've fixed that, I'm just sitting here on the internet having fun. Cable internet will ruin me. I have to be up for work in less than three hours.

11 comments:

The Misanthrope said...

Sorry that you lost everything, that sucks.

http://tonermishap.blogspot.com

maarmie said...

Thanks, guys. On the upside, I like this template better. It's pretty neutral and not all doom and gloom like the depression-blue template. I will be changing it again to something that has more warm colors - reds, oranges, yellows - to reflect the fire within this beast...

Anonymous said...

Blogger warns you about the changes when you pick a new template. It comes in the form of a message box that you can cancel if you don't want to lose all your previous work.

maarmie said...

Oops! Why does it give a warning at all? Why doesn't it just keep all the changes, no questions asked?

Anonymous said...

The Blogger engine uses a sort of jig to put your posts into and repeats the process, adding another jig, for each new post. Adding a new post does not change the template at all, it only asks for a new iteration of the framework in the template.

Only you change the template in the template editor.

If this doesn't make much sense, read this:

http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/

Then you'll either understand or really be confused.

maarmie said...

All I heard just now was "wanh wanh wanh wanhwanh, wanh wanh wanh wanh." Now I know what the Peanuts gang hears every time there's an adult around...

Anonymous said...

Four a-m?

No wonder I caught you sleeping under your desk this morning.

maarmie said...

I wasn't sleeping. I swear. I dropped something under my desk and hit my head on this sharp edge down there and knocked myself out. Good thing I don't have a concussion! I would've had to take medical leave for quite a while in that case...

maarmie said...

I'm sorry. Have we met?

Anonymous said...

Dude, why is someone posting under my name? Or do you know a lot of people named Tess?

maarmie said...

There really is another Tess out there. Can you believe it? I thought it was you with a fake blog or something...but it's a whole entirely different Tess. So don't get freaked.