maarmie's musings

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Monday night

I drove 18-wheelers for a living, and I liked it.

After my route one day, I pulled into the station where trips are logged, which just so happened to be this huge mansion. I went inside and watched the festivities. There were parties. There were executives working. There were people in costumes. During part of my time inside the mansion, it was my responsibility to sell this sheet decorated like a Christmas tree for $3.99. I found a woman who was really tall to drape the sheet over and walk throughout this big party room asking people if they wanted to buy the sheet to benefit some kind of children's charity. It didn't sell.

After that, I decided to go up to the 10th floor of the house and snoop around. The 10th floor was fancy with a formal dining hall and ornate chandeliers. Someone called my name out. I didn't recognize him, but he said he had met me on the 1st floor where I had previously been. I went to the 9th floor. The 8th floor was closed off to visitors. I woke up on the 7th floor. I don't remember what was there.

Throughout the dream, I heard really cool music, the CDs of which appeared in my hand as I heard it. I wish the albums were real and that I remembered the names of the bands because it was great music, a kind of music I have never heard before.

No comments: