maarmie's musings

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Peace, love and Goodwill

I went out for Thai food with my friend, Michael, last night, and we stopped at a Goodwill I had never been to on the way back to his house. He is looking for a record player for his 17-year-old daughter. We found an antique record player in a cabinet. Cost: $250. Not what he had in mind.

I found some treasure, though, which made the trip worth it. I'm going back Saturday to ransack the entire store. I've never seen so much awesome junk in my life - for cheap!

These shoes are Nine West and will totally go with this skirt I have that is cream colored with purple flowers. $5.99



Shoe update: I wore my new shoes to work Tuesday. I walked to the library in them to pick up yet another book (Windswept: The Story of Wind and Weather by Marq de Villiers) and was completely ogled on the way. I know the shoes make my already-long legs look even longer. Nice.

Who doesn't need more T-shirts? And cool ones at that? At $1.99, this one is a steal. Not only do I get to pretend to be part of the Jackson family, but I get to pretend to be from Chattahoochee, a tiny, clannish city near here that boasts one stoplight and a funny farm. Seriously, there's a huge state-run mental asylum there.

While I'm wearing the shirt, I can pretend that my family prays together AND stays together and that I have brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins named Ida Mae, Dontarius, De'Onte, Khadesia, Jon'Quaja, Dai'Von, Kevonte, De'Quantaye, JanQuacy, Kamareen and Al.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't "Dai'Von" a Klingon name?

maarmie said...

Hey! That's my uncle you're talking about!

Anonymous said...

Nice shoes. What are you going to wear them with?