maarmie's musings

Monday, May 01, 2006

Bad shrimp can ruin a Monday morning

I was working on getting a bunch of photos added to my flickr account last night (see the link on the right to what I've got on there so far) when an awesome friend of mine called out of the blue to see if I wanted to come over for dinner. I said yes, dropped what I was doing on my computer and went to her house.

Good music, even better conversation (we had a lot of catching up to do) and great food. I totally broke my diet last night to eat what she had prepared - shrimp alfredo, salad and homemade bread - and was forced to scarf a bowl of Haagen-Dazs rocky road ice cream after. I got home about 11 and went to bed immediately.

At about midnight, I woke up with that queasy stomach feeling and forehead clamminess that can signify only one thing. I ran to the bathroom and threw up whole strands of pasta (I need to chew better!), chunks of shrimp, lettuce slimed over with stomach acid and other assorted vegetables. I had seen this all before and steeled myself for every-hour-on-the-hour rounds of vomiting and diarrhea.

I got off lucky last night, though, because liquid shot out of both ends of me until only 3 a.m. I still managed to get up at 7 and make it to work by 8. I'm tired and have already warned my bosses that I was up half the night going toe-to-toe with bad shrimp. I hope they go easy on me today.

6 comments:

Jeremy QA Gibbens said...

Harsh. Feel better.

maarmie said...

Thanks. I e-mailed my friend to see if she and her husband got sick as well. Nope. Maybe it wasn't the shrimp. I hope I'm not allergic to Haagen-Dazs!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's gross.

maarmie said...

Yes, it is....

Anonymous said...

I happen to know that you are most definitely NOT allergic to ice cream.

maarmie said...

Yummy ice cream!