maarmie's musings

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bad Monday morning, even worse Monday night

This time of year is the busy season for me at work, so, even though I had been vomiting until 3 of the clock Monday morning, I was awake again just 4 hours later and made it to work by 8. Not only was going home to grab a few more hours of sleep not an option, but I also had to work until 10 p.m. yesterday. That's a 14-hour day filled with stomach gurgles and the fear of diarrhea-ing in the bathroom at work. Ugh!

I finally fell asleep around 1 o'clock this morning after rinsing a surprising amount of vomit out of two towels in my bathtub and calling Comcast to complain that my cable internet connection went out on me. They couldn't fix it right away, so I have to wait at least another 72 hours for a connection from my desktop computer.

I'm hoping to be in bed by 11 tonight so I can rest up for a 5 a.m. alarm tomorrow to be at work by 6. I can't wait until this week is over.

For those of you who haven't noticed, I started a flickr account where I have, so far, posted photographs from my hike on the AT and trips to North Carolina and Montana. I also have posted a few photos from my trip to NYC in 2004 and will be uploading lots more from NYC as well as from a recent trip to DC.

My next trip will be in June: a two-week vacation to Illinois to visit a friend. We'll be hanging out in Chicago and taking a side trip to Minneapolis. While I'm there, I'll be meeting Jeremy in the moist, quivering flesh. I assure you, we will not be having butt sex.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry you're sick and hope you feel perfectly fine soon.

I took a look at some of the pictures on your flicker account. I especially enjoyed the bridge and bridge cable pictures.

And I just read your guardian ad litum post. I appreciate how hard that job is. From what I've gathered about you, you'll be an excellent advocate.

Jeremy QA Gibbens said...

I don't know if my flesh is moist. But it sure is pasty!

Jeremy QA Gibbens said...

Oh and as for the butt sex, just be thankful you're coming on a Thursday.

maarmie said...

No. Didn't I tell you? The plans have changed. I'll be there on a Tuesday.

maarmie said...

Thanks, Annie!

Also: That bridge is amazing. I could photograph it all day.

Jeremy QA Gibbens said...

Hmm...looks like I'll have to find a kitten and get it declawed before you arrive.

maarmie said...

Pliers works best.*


* I, in no way, endorse the practice of declawing a kitten using pliers.